Video: Rick Ross Lied Outrageously To Shoot ‘All I Really Want’ In Colombia



“To be honest, everybody thought about their safety,” Ross said of Def Jam and others’ initial reaction to his idea of having Gil Green shoot the video in the hometown of the late, notorious drug lord Pablo Escobar. “Everybody got on laptops, Googled. First thing that came up was ‘car bombs,’ ‘hostages,’ this, that and all that. I told them, ‘We got some good friends over there. It’s a beautiful spot.’ Even though I’m really gassing them [at that point], they rolled with me. They believed in my concept.”

“We ran it by The-Dream, just like everybody else, [he] was thinking about safety,” Ross recalled. “I kept telling them, ‘We got national guard!‘ I was lying like a muthaf—a. ‘We good everywhere we go!’ I’m lying! But I seen The-Dream personally, we had a show together, I ran it by him. We had a real conversation, he’s a real dude and he felt it. I told him, ‘We gonna make history,’ and I told him, ‘We can check off a spot that I know is on your top three to go.’ My number one is Africa.”

Even with some prior trepidation, Ross said everyone was calm upon their actual travel.

“We touch down, we notice the workers that work on the plane, they pat them down before they even touch your luggage. I guess they’re protecting luggage. We get into our vehicles and start commuting through the country. Within the first five minutes, I decide, ‘This has to be one of the most beautiful places I’ve seen in my life.’ The views! We up in the clouds, 4,000 feet coming down trails, overlooking hills.”

Via MTV News/NAHRIGHT

0 comments:

Post a Comment